Phocos Any-Grid 5Kw PSW-H-5KW-230/48V
**Price based on collection from Edenvale Warehouse
The Phocos Any-GridTM PSW-H Inverter Charger Series (Pure Sine Wave Hybrid) represents Phocos’ most versatile line of inverters/ chargers. Flexibility and reliability are key characteristics of this product line, with a strong potential for cost saving opportunities in real world conditions. The PSW-H converts DC (Direct Current) energy into AC (Alternating Current), with multiple advantages beyond standard inverters. This product includes an integrated MPPT charge controller and can function as an AC to DC battery charger, which provides flexible energy access solutions in a broad range of applications.
The battery can be charged from solar and/or an AC source (public grid or generator), with easily programmable priorities. The PSW-H can function without an AC source or alternatively even without solar, as a pure uninterruptible power supply (UPS). When the utility grid or AC generator fails, the PSW-H immediately switches to ‘OffGrid’ mode within 10 ms (typical, in UPS mode) to securely power the loads at all times. Solar can be set as the priority energy source to save electricity costs.
The Any-Grid PSW-H can function in a battery-free mode. In this mode, for installations with stable public grids, grid energy consumption can be reduced without the need to invest in a costly battery bank. Additionally, power can be supplied directly to loads from the grid and solar simultaneously.
This unit comes with a quality, integrated MPPT charge controller. The controller accepts high PV voltages, allowing many PV modules to be connected in series, decreasing installation cost and avoiding combiner boxes. Up to 9 inverters can be connected parallel, 3-phase or split-phase for up to 45 kW of synchronized AC power.
• Flexible, advanced features with options to solve many common challenges in the field
• Integrated high-voltage MPPT charge controller. The high-voltage PV connection means in most scenarios the PV modules can simply be connected in series of one or two strings, avoiding costly combiner boxes and string fuses or diodes, thus reducing total system cost
• Integrated AC battery charger
• Charge controller functions even if inverter is turned off to keep batteries fully charged
• Compatible with Lithium batteries (pre-defined settings for Pylontech batteries)
• Functions without an expensive battery to reduce energy consumption from the grid with minimal investment
• Detachable display / communication unit with 6 LEDs and an intuitive LCD screen
• High level of connectivity: BLE, USB-OTG (on-the-go), CAN Bus, RS-485, RS-232, relay for generator start
• Datalogger with up to 60 days of data storage (Available June/July 2020)
• Store or load parameters via USB for quick configuration
• Integrated buzzer for error indications
• Galvanic isolation of battery allows positive or negative grounding
• Up to 9 inverters can be connected in parallel, 3-phase or split-phase for up to 45 kW of synchronized AC power
• Washable filter reduces dust buildup in the inverter
• Grid feed-in option is code-protected to avoid accidental feed-in (not available in South Africa)
What is Any-Grid?
Traditionally, the energy industry defines power systems relative to their access to the grid as Off-Grid or On-Grid. At Phocos, we believe energy access should be available under ‘Any-Grid’ conditions whether you have full or partial access to renewable energy and/or grid power, and if energy sources are unreliable. The Phocos Any-Grid Hybrid Inverter Charger Series provides flexible energy access solutions that optimize the use of locally available energy resources that can adapt as access to resources changes over time.
The Any-Grid PSW-H supports the majority of battery types on the market including lead acid (Gel, AGM, flooded), salt-water and lithium types. Specific instructions installing Pylontech batteries can be obtained from email@example.com