Morningstar Tristar MPPT TS 60A 12V/24V/48V Charge Controller
Price based on collection from Randburg Warehouse.
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers. The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
Key Features and Benefits
Maximizes Energy Harvest
• Our TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
• Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers.
• Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve.
• Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays.
• Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels.
Extremely High Reliability
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components.
• No mechanical relays.
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection.
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformably coated printed circuit boards.
Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%.
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses.
• Low self-consumption.
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate.
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating.
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
• Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
• Meter bus: communications between compatible Morningstar products.
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer.
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus.
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages Metering and Data Logging.
• Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults.
• Three LED’s display system status.
• Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports.
Dimensions: (29.1cm x 13cm x 14.2cm
Weight: 4.2 Kg