Morningstar SunSaver Duo 25A 12V Charge Controller
Morningstar’s SunSaver Duo is an advanced PWM two battery controller for RV’s, caravans, boats and cottages. This product will charge two separate and isolated batteries at the same time, such as a “house” and an engine battery, based on user selectable priorities. The SunSaver Duo employs Morningstar’s legendary SunSaver controller technology, whose long-term track record for high reliability and improved battery charging is well-recognized in the solar industry.
This controller also includes a backlit remote meter which may be mounted in or on a wall, and displays digital and pictorial status information about the solar power system. The SunSaver Duo is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, is user adjustable via DIP switch or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote temperature sensor.
Key Features and Benefits
•Two Battery Charging
- Solar charge current is shared between the two batteries based on a user selectable priority. When one battery is fully charged, all of the charge current flows to the other battery.
• Provides Useful Information
- The remote meter and LED’s display system status data and any system errors. Custom icons and back lighting make the meter easy to read and understand.
• Lower Cost
- Two battery charging eliminates the added cost of two separate solar charging systems and the need for isolation between the batteries.
• Easy to Install
- The controller is installed near the batteries using the clearly labelled large wire terminals. The remote meter may be mounted in the wall or on the wall using the included frame. Also includes the meter wiring with RJ-11 connector.
• Longer Battery Life
- Four stage series PWM pulse charging and temperature compensation increases the useful life of the batteries.
• Extensive Electronic Protections
- The controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes during installation. There are no fuses to replace, and the controller will automatically re-set after a wiring mistake.
• Highly Reliable
- Epoxy encapsulation protects the controller against dust and high humidity. Efficient electronics and a conservative thermal design allow the controller to operate reliably at high temperatures. Five year warranty and estimated 15 year life.
• Rated Solar Input 25 V.
• Rated Load Output not applicable.
• Battery Voltage 12 V.
• Min. Battery Voltage 1 V.
• Max. Battery Voltage 15 V.
• Max. Solar Voltage 30 V.
• Self Consumption.
- Controller 6 to 10 mA.
- Remote meter 6 to 15 mA.
• Regulation Voltage:
- Sealed Battery 14.1 V (at 25°C).
- Flooded Battery 14.4 V (at 25°C).
• Float Voltage 13.7 V.
• Equalization Voltage* 14.8 V.
• Temp. Compensation –30 mV per °C. (25°C reference).
• Type of Charging
- Series PWM.
- 4 stage bulk, PWM float and equalizer.
*used on flooded battery only.
- (L x H x W) 17.0 x 5.6 x 4.1 cm.
- Weight 260 g